Visitors to Yellowknife are sure to enjoy the northern lights, lakeside setting, and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art and theaters.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodations in Yellowknife
- The closest major airport is in Yellowknife, NT (YZF), 2.2 mi (3.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Yellowknife
Notable city landmarks like Yellowknife Veterans Memorial and Northern Frontier Visitors Center might be worth a visit. Additionally, you might want to add Prince of Wales Northern Heritage Centre to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Yellowknife. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Lou and Francis Guesthouse - This 3.5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Aurora Deluxe Vacation Guest House - Our customers like the proximity to the airport and bathrooms at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi.
- Chateau Nova Yellowknife - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and WiFi.
Dressing for Yellowknife
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 20°F during the day and -26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 67°F, while the average at night is 0°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 69°F with nighttime averages of 31°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 42°F and nighttime averages of -22°F
- Yellowknife gets about 0 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 65°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -22°F