Find Hotels in Zanzibar Town
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visiting Zanzibar Town
History buffs will enjoy exploring Zanzibar Town, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Walkable and culturally-rich, this city attracts tourists with its local tours and live music.
- There are 69 hotels and other accommodations in Zanzibar Town
- The closest major airport is in Zanzibar (ZNZ-Zanzibar Intl.), 3.9 mi (6.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Zanzibar Town
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Livingstone's House and Hamamni Persian Baths. The city's natural beauty is on display at Forodhani Gardens, Shangani Beach, and Chapwani Island. Taking local tours is a top activity, and Zanzibar Ferry Terminal is one place to visit.
In Zanzibar Town, you'll find 69 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Park Hyatt Zanzibar - This 5-star hotel in Stone Town features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Zanzibar Serena Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and beach locale at this hotel. This 5-star hotel in Stone Town features a private beach, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast.
- Zanzibar Palace Hotel - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Stone Town can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Dressing for Zanzibar Town
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 92°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 76°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 72°F as the nighttime average
- Zanzibar Town gets about 1.38 inches of rain per year
- February and March are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 72°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Zanzibar Town?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Zanzibar Town, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Zanzibar Town?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Zanzibar Town?
Where is the best place to stay in Stone Town?
What's the best accommodation for a family vacation in Zanzibar Town?
What's the best hotel for a couple going to Zanzibar Town?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Zanzibar Town?
What about the best place to stay near Slave Market?
What's the best accommodation for a beach vacation in Zanzibar Town?
What's the best high-end hotel in Zanzibar Town?
Recent reviews of Zanzibar Town hotels
More trip options
- Zanzibar Town Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Zanzibar Town Airports
- Hotels in Zanzibar Town Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Zanzibar Town Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Zanzibar Town
- More Hotel Options in Zanzibar Town
- More Popular Hotels in Mjini Magharibi Region
- Other Hotels near Zanzibar Town, Mjini Magharibi Region
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends