Visitors can enjoy all that Afton has to offer including the waterfront and museums. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing and welcoming setting.
- You'll find 38 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Vinita
- The closest major airport is in Joplin, MO (JLN-Joplin Regional), 40.4 mi (65 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Afton
The city's cultural venues include Afton Station and National Rod and Custom Car Hall of Fame Museum. Additionally, you'll find Cherokee Grove Golf Course and Stables Casino in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Afton, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 11 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Shangri-La Resort is 11.5 mi (18.5 km) from central Afton. This 4-star hotel in Afton features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool.
- WorldMark Grand Lake is located 9.8 mi (15.7 km) from the heart of Afton. This 3-star condo resort in Afton features an outdoor pool, free parking, and a fitness center. Our customers like its convenient parking and proximity to shopping.
- Duck Creek Cottage!! is 10 mi (16.1 km) from the center of Afton. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Miami can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its pool and quiet location.
Dressing for Afton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 66°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 24°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 76°F as the daytime average and 25°F as the nighttime average
- About 44.09 inches of rain falls on Afton each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 27°F