Visiting Monkey Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Monkey Island has to offer including the lakeside setting and restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing and welcoming setting.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodations in Monkey Island
- The closest major airport is in Joplin, MO (JLN-Joplin Regional), 43.6 mi (70.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Monkey Island
A favorite place to visit in the city is Isles' End Cove. In the area, you'll also find Darryl Starbird's Rod & Custom Hall of Fame Museum and Afton Station.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Monkey Island. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- WorldMark Grand Lake is located within 1 mi (1.7 km) of the city center. This 3-star condo resort in Afton features an outdoor pool, free parking, and a fitness center. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
- Shangri-La Resort is located 2.6 mi (4.3 km) from the city center. This 4-star hotel in Afton features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool.
- Shangri La Resort is 2.7 mi (4.3 km) from the city's heart. With a stay at this resort in Afton, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Monkey Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 42°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 93°F with nighttime averages of 53°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 27°F
- Average annual rainfall for Monkey Island is 47.01 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 28°F