Visitors can enjoy all that Wyandotte has to offer including the lakeside setting, casinos, and parks. There are 56 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Joplin, MO (JLN-Joplin Regional), 27.8 mi (44.7 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Wyandotte
Places to visit in the larger region include Peoria Ridge Golf Course, Stables Casino, and Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College. In the area, you'll also find Route 66 Vintage Iron Motorcycle Museum and Coleman Theater.
Below is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- River Bend Casino & Hotel - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Wyandotte
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 66°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 24°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 76°F as the daytime average and 25°F as the nighttime average
- About 44.09 inches of rain falls on Wyandotte each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 27°F