Families enjoy visiting Altus though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's football games, mountain views, and coffeehouses.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Altus
- The closest major airport is in Lawton, OK (LAW-Lawton-Fort Sill Regional), 48.7 mi (78.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Altus
Favorite places to visit in the city include East Park, Museum of the Western Prairie, and Westerm Oklahoma State College. Additionally, you'll find Lake Altus Dam in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Altus. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Suites Altus - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Altus - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Altus - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean rooms.
Dressing for Altus
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 24°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 95°F, while the average at night is 42°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 97°F with nighttime averages of 55°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 81°F and nighttime averages of 24°F
- About 28.54 inches of rain falls on Altus each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 95°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 26°F