Visiting Fort Sill
Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Fort Sill has to offer. There are 32 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Lawton, OK (LAW-Lawton-Fort Sill Regional), 7.4 mi (11.9 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Fort Sill
A favorite place to visit in the city is Fort Sill. You'll also find Comanche National Museum and Cultural Center and Museum of the Great Plains in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Fort Sill, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Lawton / Fort Sill is located within 4.3 mi (6.8 km) of the city center. This 2.5-star hotel in Lawton features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and proximity to shopping.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Lawton is located 4.6 mi (7.3 km) from the city center. This 2-star hotel in Lawton features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Baymont by Wyndham Lawton is 4.6 mi (7.3 km) from the city's heart. This 2-star hotel in Lawton features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and pool.
Dressing for Fort Sill
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 72°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 27°F
- From April to June, the average is 94°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 99°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 82°F as the daytime average and 27°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Fort Sill is 31.10 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 96°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 29°F