History buffs will enjoy exploring Annecy, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and festivals. Top sights around the area include Annecy Castle, Montrottier Castle, and Menthon Castle.
- There are 169 hotels and other accommodations in Annecy
- The closest major airport is in Chambery (CMF-Chambery - Savoie), 21.5 mi (34.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Geneva (GVA-Cointrin Intl.), 22.9 mi (36.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Annecy
The city's cultural venues include Musee-Chateau and Bonlieu Scène Nationale Annecy. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Annecy Castle, Notre-Dame-de-Liesse Church, and Palais de l Ile. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Church of St. Maurice and Church of St. Francis.
In Annecy, you'll be able to select from 169 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Splendid Hotel - This 3-star hotel in Annecy Old Town features free WiFi, a bar, and a café. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Les loges Annecy Vieille ville - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable beds at this apartment. Guests who stay at this 5-star apartment in Annecy Old Town can enjoy access to concierge services and a private spa tub.
- L'Impérial Palace - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a casino, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and room size.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Montrottier Castle, 4.2 mi/6.7 km from the city center, and Menthon Castle, which is 4.5 mi/7.2 km away.
Getting Around Annecy
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Annecy Station or Pringy Station. Annecy may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Annecy
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 27°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 72°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 75°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 28°F
- Average annual rainfall for Annecy is 1.18 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 73°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 28°F