Visitors to Annecy-le-Vieux are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting, art, and mountain views. Around the area, top sights include Annecy Castle, Menthon Castle, and Montrottier Castle.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodations in Annecy-le-Vieux
- The closest major airport is in Geneva (GVA-Cointrin Intl.), 21.7 mi (34.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chambery (CMF-Chambery - Savoie), 23.6 mi (38 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Annecy-le-Vieux
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Savoie Annecy University is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you might want to add Lake Annecy to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Annecy-le-Vieux. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hôtel Le Flamboyant - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, a bar, and 24-hour room service.
- Centre Jean XXIII - Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- ANCOR HOTEL - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
Top places to see in the area include Annecy Castle, located 2.3 mi (3.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Menthon Castle, which is 4.3 mi/6.9 km away.
Dressing for Annecy-le-Vieux
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 27°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 72°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 75°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 28°F
- Annecy-le-Vieux gets about 1.18 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 73°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 28°F