History buffs and families enjoy visiting Appomattox though all visitors are sure to find plenty to see and do. Tourists can also enjoy the city's bars, architecture, and museums.
- You'll find 60 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lynchburg
- The closest major airport is in Lynchburg, VA (LYH-Lynchburg Regional), 20.4 mi (32.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Appomattox
The city's cultural venues include The American Civil War Museum - Appomattox and McLean House. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Confederate Cemetery at Appomattox Court House. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Appomattox Court House National Historical Park and Holliday Lake State Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Appomattox. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Babcock House - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its local sightseeing and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Appomattox Inn and Suites - Our customers like the overall value and WiFi at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Longacre of Appomattox - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with cable TV. Expedia customers like its room size and overall condition.
Dressing for Appomattox
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 19°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 21°F as the nighttime average
- About 44.96 inches of rain falls on Appomattox each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 21°F