Visitors can enjoy all that Ashburnham has to offer including the university setting and restaurants. There are 36 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Nashua, NH (ASH-Nashua Municipal), 22.5 mi (36.3 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Worcester, MA (ORH-Worcester Regional), 27.2 mi (43.8 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Ashburnham
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Cushing Academy is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ashburnham Town Hall and Stevens Memorial Library.
As you start planning your visit to Ashburnham, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 11 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- The Maguire House Bed & Breakfast is 1 mi (1.7 km) from the center of Ashburnham. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Ashburnham features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Great Wolf Lodge Boston / Fitchburg, MA is 8.8 mi (14.1 km) from central Ashburnham. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star resort in Fitchburg can enjoy access to 4 indoor pools and a free water park, along with free WiFi.
- Motel 6 Leominster is located 12.8 mi (20.5 km) from the heart of Ashburnham. This 2-star motel in Leominster features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Ashburnham
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 14°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 16°F
- About 47.17 inches of rain falls on Ashburnham each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 17°F