Families will find kid-friendly activities in Fitchburg, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the water parks. Tourists can also enjoy the city's basketball games, university setting, and museums.
- You'll find 14 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Leominster
- The closest major airport is in Nashua, NH (ASH-Nashua Municipal), 20.3 mi (32.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Worcester, MA (ORH-Worcester Regional), 22.4 mi (36.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fitchburg
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Fitchburg State University is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you'll find Stevens Memorial Library and Ashburnham Town Hall in the area.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
Getting Around Fitchburg
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Fitchburg Station. Fitchburg might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Fitchburg
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 14°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 27°F at night
- Fitchburg gets about 43.46 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 19°F