Visitors can enjoy all that Auburn has to offer including its parks. There are 138 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Atlanta, GA (PDK-DeKalb-Peachtree), 28.5 mi (45.8 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Athens, GA (AHN-Ben Epps), 29.7 mi (47.8 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Auburn
A favorite place to visit in the city is Little Mulberry Park. In the area, you'll also find Elisha Winn House and Hamilton Mill Golf Club.
As you start planning your visit to Auburn, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Best Western Gwinnett Center Hotel is located 17.6 mi (28.3 km) from the heart of Auburn. This 2.5-star hotel in Duluth features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and pool.
- Brick Lodge Atlanta/Norcross is 20.6 mi (33.1 km) from central Auburn. This 2-star hotel in Norcross features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Wingate by Wyndham - Gwinnett Place Mall is 17.3 mi (27.8 km) from the center of Auburn. This 2.5-star hotel in Duluth features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Auburn
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 30°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 42°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 55°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 31°F
- Auburn gets about 48.70 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 32°F