Visitors to Covington are sure to enjoy the shopping, university setting, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals, architecture, and local tours.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodations in Covington
- The closest major airport is in Atlanta, GA (ATL-Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl.), 33.7 mi (54.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Atlanta, GA (PDK-DeKalb-Peachtree), 34.5 mi (55.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Covington
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Newton Plaza Shopping Center is a favorite for retail therapy. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Georgia Piedmont Technical College is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ashton Hills Golf Club and Oaks Golf Course.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Covington. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Twelve Oaks Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Covington - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Covington - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its WiFi and proximity to shopping.
Dressing for Covington
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 70°F and the nighttime average to be 32°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 32°F at night
- Covington gets about 48.43 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 34°F