Families will find kid-friendly activities in Alpharetta, and visitors give high marks for the live music scene, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices and theaters. Top sights in the area include Centennial Olympic Park, Zoo Atlanta, and Stone Mountain.
- You'll find 838 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Atlanta
- The closest major airport is in Atlanta, GA (PDK-DeKalb-Peachtree), 14.3 mi (22.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Atlanta, GA (FTY-Fulton County), 25.9 mi (41.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Alpharetta
The city is well known for its live music and theaters, and Verizon Wireless Amphitheater is a local cultural venue. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Avalon and North Point Mall. Additionally, you might want to add Golf Club of Georgia to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Alpharetta. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Hotel at Avalon, Autograph Collection - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Aloft Alpharetta - Our customers like the bar and pool at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Alpharetta/Windward - With a stay at this 3-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Alpharetta
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 33°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 57°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 33°F
- Average annual rainfall for Alpharetta is 52.99 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 35°F