Visiting Stone Mountain
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Stone Mountain, and visitors give high marks for the magnificent mountain views and top-notch restaurants. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its festivals and shopping. Top sights in the city include Stone Mountain and Stone Mountain Park.
- You'll find 861 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Atlanta
- The closest major airport is in Atlanta, GA (PDK-DeKalb-Peachtree), 9.9 mi (15.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Atlanta, GA (ATL-Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl.), 19.5 mi (31.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Stone Mountain
The city is well known for its festivals and cultural venues like Art Station and Discovering Stone Mountain Museum. Favorite family attractions include Stone Mountain Park and Summit Skyride. The mountain views and hiking trails exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Stone Mountain and Wade-Walker Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Stone Mountain. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Stone Mountain Manor - With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and room size.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Stone Mountain, GA - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort - This 4-star resort features a golf course, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Zoo Atlanta, located 12.8 mi (20.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Centennial Olympic Park, which is 13.4 mi (21.6 km) away.
Dressing for Stone Mountain
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 70°F and the nighttime average to be 33°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 33°F at night
- About 52.99 inches of rain falls on Stone Mountain each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 35°F