Visiting Avery Island
Travelers to Avery Island will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 29 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Lafayette, LA (LFT-Lafayette Regional), 21.3 mi (34.2 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Avery Island
Zoo of Acadiana is one of the places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you plan your vacation to Avery Island, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 14 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Broussard - Lafayette Area is 16.8 mi (27 km) from the center of Avery Island. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Broussard can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and pool.
- Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Iberia is 6.3 mi (10.2 km) from central Avery Island. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in New Iberia can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and overall value.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Abbeville is located 15.1 mi (24.3 km) from the heart of Avery Island. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Abbeville can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Dressing for Avery Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 74°F and the nighttime average to be 42°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 54°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 64°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 43°F at night
- Avery Island gets about 62.48 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 43°F