Visitors can enjoy all that Franklin has to offer including the riverfront, festivals, and forests. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its churches.
- You'll find 14 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Morgan City
- The closest major airport is in Lafayette, LA (LFT-Lafayette Regional), 41 mi (66 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Franklin
The city's cultural venues include Teche Theatre and Grevemberg House Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Franklin City Park and Belleview Golf Course.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Forest Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Franklin
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 74°F and the nighttime average to be 43°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 55°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 67°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 84°F during the day and 43°F at night
- About 60.20 inches of rain falls on Franklin each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 45°F