Visitors to Barningham are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. Top sights around the area include Bowes Museum and Richmond Castle.
- There are 362 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Durham (MME-Tees Valley), 17.8 mi (28.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Newcastle (NCL-Newcastle Intl.), 38.2 mi (61.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Barningham
Notable places to visit in the surrounding region include Bowes Museum and Richmond Castle. You'll also find Egglestone Abbey and Barnard Castle in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Barningham, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 102 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- The Morritt Country House Hotel & The Garage Spa is located within 1.6 mi (2.5 km) of the city center. This 4-star hotel in Barnard Castle features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and quiet location.
- The Coach And Horses is 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star inn in Barnard Castle can enjoy access to a bar and an in-room coffeemaker. Our customers like its bar and location.
Dressing for Barningham
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 67°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 59°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Barningham is 0.75 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 68°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F