Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Sep 1, 2020
Visitors to Leyburn are sure to enjoy the bars, riverfront, and coffeehouses. Quaint and rural, this city also attracts tourists with its waterfalls. Top sights around the area include Richmond Castle, Bowes Museum, and Fountains Abbey.
- There are 58 hotels and other accommodations in Leyburn
- The closest major airport is in Durham (MME-Tees Valley), 25.5 mi (41 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Leeds (LBA-Leeds Bradford), 30.6 mi (49.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Leyburn
The riverfront and countryside highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Aysgarth Falls, Wensleydale, and The Forbidden Corner. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bolton Castle and Middleham Castle.
In Leyburn, you'll find 58 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Capple Bank Farm - Amenities at this 5-star bed & breakfast include free WiFi and free parking.
- Riverside Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and room size at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hazels Roost - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and room size.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Richmond Castle, located 11.3 mi (18.2 km) from the city center, and Bowes Museum, which is 17.9 mi/28.8 km away.
Dressing for Leyburn
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 33°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 67°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 70°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 59°F during the day and 36°F at night
- About 0.75 inches of rain falls on Leyburn each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 68°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 35°F