Basalt Motels and More for the Frugal Traveler
If you can't find a motel in Basalt, expand your search to find motels in the surrounding area or let Expedia help you find something similar from over 24 lodging options. Simply filter using our search tools by price per night or money-saving amenities such as free breakfast and free airport transportation.
Because you'll save on your room price, you can enjoy more of the attractions in Basalt. Popular places to visit in the larger area include Buttermilk Mountain, Snowmass Mountain, and Aspen Highlands.
Below are some of our customers’ favorite motels to book in the larger area:
- Stay within a 30-minute drive of Buttermilk Mountain and Snowmass Mountain.
- Enjoy access to the picnic area, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Silver Spruce Inn
- Room amenities like free WiFi are included, along with freebies like breakfast, parking, and train station pick-up.
- Central Basalt is 26.3 mi (42.3 km) away
Glenwood Springs Inn
- Enjoy the in-room free WiFi, and freebies including breakfast, parking, and train station pick-up.
- Located 26.2 mi (42.2 km) from the heart of Basalt
- Central Basalt is 32.5 mi (52.4 km) away
- A fitness center along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- 25.6 mi (41.2 km) from the heart of Basalt
- Enjoy access to the restaurant, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Things to Do in Basalt
Take time to check out the ski slopes and enjoy the riverfront in this walkable area while you're sightseeing. People visiting Basalt like its shops and restaurants.
Here are favorite places in and around Basalt:
- Buttermilk Mountain
- Snowmass Mountain
- Aspen Highlands
These are some outdoorsy places nearby:
- Hunter Creek Trailhead
- Smuggler Mountain
- Wagner Park
You'll find these family-friendly attractions in the area:
- Aspen Recreation Center
- Krabloonik Dogsled Rides
Basalt is also known for its:
Best Time to Visit Basalt
Determine the perfect time for your visit to Basalt by looking over the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while December and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 49° F and nighttime temperatures average 9° F
- April-June: 77° F is the daytime average and 23° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 79° F and nighttime averages are around 35° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 64° F during the day and 9° F at night
- Average rainfall is 24.88 inches in a year
How to Get to Basalt and Around the Area
|Aspen, CO (ASE-Pitkin County) ||Airport ||11.5 mi (18.6 km) |
|Vail, CO (EGE-Eagle County Regional) ||Airport ||17.6 mi (28.3 km) |