Visiting Snowmass Village
Travelers to Snowmass Village give high marks for the magnificent mountain views, ski areas, and shopping. Quaint and scenic, this city also attracts tourists with its restaurants. Top sights around the area include Snowmass Mountain, Aspen Mountain, and Buttermilk Mountain.
- There are 198 hotels and other accommodations in Snowmass Village
- The closest major airport is in Aspen, CO (ASE-Pitkin County), 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Vail, CO (EGE-Eagle County Regional), 30 mi (48.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Snowmass Village
The city's cultural venues include Snowmass Ice Age Discovery Center and Anderson Ranch Arts Center. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Snowmass Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. Skiing, hiking, and biking are top activities, while sights to visit include Snowmass Mountain.
In Snowmass Village, you'll be able to select from 198 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Viceroy Snowmass - This 5-star resort features a full-service spa, ski slopes, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to public transit and room size.
- Villas at Snowmass Club, A Destination Residence - Our customers love the dining options and spacious, clean rooms at this condo. This 3.5-star condo features 3 outdoor pools, a golf course, and 2 restaurants.
- The Crestwood Condominiums - This 3-star condo features ski slopes, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers love its breakfast and convenient parking.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Aspen Mountain, located 7.4 mi (12 km) from the heart of the city, and Independence, which is 20 mi (32.2 km) away.
Dressing for Snowmass Village
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 9°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 77°F, while the average at night is 23°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 35°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 64°F and nighttime averages of 9°F
- Average annual rainfall for Snowmass Village is 24.88 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 77°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 10°F