Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Mar 24, 2020
Visiting Bintan Island
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Bintan Island, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and relaxing spas. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. A top sight in the area is Tanjung Pinang Ferry Terminal.
- There are 33 hotels and other accommodations in Bintan Island
- The closest major airport is in Batam Batu Besar (BTH-Hang Nadim), 25.2 mi (40.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Singapore (SIN-Changi), 39.2 mi (63 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bintan Island
The city is notable for landmarks like Banyan Tree Temple, Santa Maria Cave, and Plaza Lagoi. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Trikora Beach, Gunung Bintan, and Lagoi Bay Lake. Taking a ferry is a top activity, and Ria Bintan Golf Club is one place to visit.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Bintan Island. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Sanchaya - This 5-star resort features a private beach, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- The Residence Bintan - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a private beach, along with a private balcony.
- Indra Maya Pool Villas - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a private beach, along with a private pool. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Batam Centre Ferry Terminal, 29.3 mi/47.2 km from the city center, and Tanjung Pinang Ferry Terminal, which is 9.3 mi/15 km away.
Dressing for Bintan Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 88°F and the nighttime average to be 73°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 75°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 74°F at night
- Bintan Island gets about 3.23 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually May and April with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 73°F
More trip options
- Bintan Island Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Popular Bintan Island Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Bintan Island
- More Hotel Options in Bintan Island
- Bintan Island Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Bintan
- Other Hotels near Bintan Island, Bintan
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends