Visitors can enjoy all that Bonavista has to offer including the parks and museums. There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area.
Sightseeing and Staying in Bonavista
A couple of favorite places to visit are Mockbeggar Plantation and Cape Bonavista Lighthouse. Additionally, you'll find King's Cove Head Lighthouse in the area.
As you plan your trip to Bonavista, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can select from 6 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Downtown Saltbox Coastal Home in Bonavista, Newfoundland is located 0.7 mi (1.1 km) from the heart of Bonavista. This 2.5-star hotel in Port Union features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its clean rooms.
- Seaport Inn is 11.1 mi (17.9 km) from central Bonavista. Guests who stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast in Elliston can enjoy access to a private beach and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and comfortable beds.
Dressing for Bonavista
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 37°F and the nighttime average to be 9°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 23°F at night
- July through September averages 71°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 54°F during the day and 15°F at night
- Bonavista gets about 1.65 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 69°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 11°F