Visitors to Calera are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping, coffeehouses, and wineries. Top sights in the area include Birmingham Museum of Art, McWane Science Center, and Alabama Jazz Hall of Fame.
- You'll find 163 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Birmingham
- The closest major airport is in Birmingham, AL (BHM-Birmingham Intl.), 31.7 mi (51 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Calera
Favorite places to visit in the city include Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum, Timberline Golf Course, and Ozan Winery and Cellars. Additionally, you might want to add Central Alabama Paintball Park to your agenda.
Here's a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Calera - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
Dressing for Calera
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 71°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 34°F at night
- About 54.72 inches of rain falls on Calera each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 36°F