Visiting Caribbean Coast
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Caribbean Coast, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés and live music. Top sights in the city include Tortuguero National Park, Sloth Sanctuary of Costa Rica, and Braulio Carrillo National Park.
- There are 294 hotels and other accommodations in Caribbean Coast
- The closest major airport is in Tortuquero (TTQ), 39 mi (62.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Jose (SYQ-Tobias Bolanos Intl.), 52.2 mi (84.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Caribbean Coast
Notable city landmarks like Playa Cocles and Guapiles Central Park might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Tortuguero National Park, Braulio Carrillo National Park, and Cahuita National Park. Other notable sights to explore include Sloth Sanctuary of Costa Rica and Punta Uva Beach.
In Caribbean Coast, you'll be able to select from 294 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Boutique La Casa de las Flores - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Magellan Boutique Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with a private patio.
- Hotel Banana Azul - Adults Only - This 3.5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its pool and quiet location.
Dressing for Caribbean Coast
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 61°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 64°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 62°F
- About 72.76 inches of rain falls on Caribbean Coast each year
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 62°F