Visiting Coeur d'Alene
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Coeur d'Alene, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its theme park. Top sights in the city include Silverwood Theme Park and Lake Coeur d'Alene.
- There are 317 hotels and other accommodations in Coeur d'Alene
- The closest major airport is in Spokane, WA (SFF-Felts Field), 25.2 mi (40.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Spokane, WA (GEG-Spokane Intl.), 35.4 mi (57 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Coeur d'Alene
Favorite family attractions include Silverwood Theme Park and Triple Play Family Fun Park. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Lake Coeur d'Alene, McEuen Park, and Tubbs Hill. Boating is one of the top activities, while Coeur d'Alene Golf Course, Stateline Stadium and Speedway, and The Highlands Golf Course are favorite sights to visit.
In Coeur d'Alene, there are 317 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The McFarland Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Garden District features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
- Ida-Home Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Blackwell Hotel - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
A top sight outside the city is Spokane Valley Mall, located 19.8 mi (31.9 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Coeur d'Alene
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 24°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 77°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 43°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 24°F
- Coeur d'Alene gets about 25.68 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 26°F