Columbia Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are 30 affordable motels in Columbia among the more than 217 hotels and other accommodations. These less expensive accommodations can help you save some cash when compared with traditional hotels, which have more amenities but ones you may never use.
When you save on your room price, you can enjoy all that Columbia has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include South Carolina State House, Colonial Life Arena, and Fort Jackson.
Fun fact: In the U.S., motels became more commonplace after World War II with the appeal of road trip vacations, peaking in the 1960s with over 60,000 properties. When you stay at a motel property, you'll often have access to your room directly from the parking lot.
Below are a few of our customers' best-rated Columbia motels to choose from:
Red Roof Inn Columbia West, SC
- Stay within a quick 5-minute drive of Riverbanks Zoo and Garden.
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like a flat-screen TV.
- It's located within a 10-minute drive of Fort Jackson and Township Auditorium.
Super 8 by Wyndham Columbia/Ft. Jackson SC
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- Stay within a quick 1-minute drive of Fort Jackson.
Motel 6 Columbia West
- It's located within a quick 5-minute drive of Riverbanks Zoo and Garden.
- An outdoor pool and free WiFi are available during your stay, along with room amenities like cable TV.
Quality Inn & Suites
- Stay within a 20-minute drive of South Carolina State House and Colonial Life Arena.
- Enjoy access to the spa tub, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
What to Do in Columbia
As you explore the area, you can check out the well-known zoo and take time to enjoy the top-notch restaurants. People who've visited Columbia love its university life, shops, and theater scene.
Here are some popular places:
- South Carolina State House
- Colonial Life Arena
- Fort Jackson
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Finlay Park
- Columbia Canal and Riverfront Park
- West Columbia Riverwalk
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- Riverbanks Zoo and Garden
- South Carolina State Fairgrounds
- Frankie's Fun Park
Columbia is also known for its:
Best Time to Visit Columbia
Decide when you'd like to visit Columbia by checking the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 73° F and nighttime temperatures average 35° F
- April-June: 92° F is the daytime average and 49° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 93° F and nighttime averages are around 61° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 81° F during the day and 35° F at night
- Average rainfall is 45.39 inches in a year
How to Get to Columbia and Around the Area
|Columbia, SC (CAE-Columbia Metropolitan) ||Airport ||6.5 mi (10.5 km) |
|Columbia Station ||Train Station ||0.8 mi (1.3 km) |
|Camden Station ||Train Station ||28.8 mi (46.4 km) |