Visiting Cooke City
Visitors can enjoy all that Cooke City has to offer including the parks and sightseeing tours. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and quaint setting.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Cooke City
- The closest major airport is in Cody, WY (COD-Yellowstone Regional), 55.7 mi (89.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cooke City
Favorite places to visit in the city include Cooke City General Store, Cooke City Montana Museum, and Shoshone National Forest. Additionally, you'll find Lulu Pass and Lamar Valley in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Cooke City. This is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Alpine Motel - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Cooke City
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 40°F during the day and 1°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 14°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 74°F with nighttime averages of 28°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 55°F and nighttime averages of 2°F
- About 20.35 inches of rain falls on Cooke City each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 71°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°F