Visitors can enjoy all that Cortona has to offer including the cathedral, monuments, and temples. Tourists can also enjoy the city's musical theater and museums. Around the area, top sights include Basilica of San Francesco, Tenuta Valdipiatta, and Cathedral of Arezzo.
- There are 669 hotels and other accommodations in Cortona
- The closest major airport is in Perugia (PEG-Sant Egidio), 28.9 mi (46.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cortona
The city is notable for landmarks like Cathedral of Cortona, San Domenico Church, and Santa Maria delle Grazie. The picturesque setting of Lake Trasimeno and Val di Chiana exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Piazza della Repubblica and Casali Palace.
In Cortona, you'll find 669 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Le Bifore - This bed & breakfast in Cortona Old Town features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and helpful staff.
- Cortona Resort - Le Terre Dei Cavalieri - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this farm stay. Amenities at this farm stay include free breakfast and a restaurant.
- Relais Il Falconiere - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a winery and 2 outdoor pools, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and convenient parking.
Top places to visit in the area include Basilica of San Francesco, 14.1 mi/22.7 km from the city center, and Tenuta Valdipiatta, which is 14.2 mi/22.8 km away.
Getting Around Cortona
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Camucia-Cortona Station or Terontola-Cortona Station. Cortona might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Cortona
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 37°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 76°F as the daytime average and 39°F as the nighttime average
- Cortona gets about 32.44 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 38°F