Visitors to Dongguan are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks, basketball games, and theme park.
- There are 196 hotels and other accommodations in Dongguan
- The closest major airport is in Shenzhen (SZX-Shenzhen Intl.), 27.2 mi (43.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Guangzhou (CAN-Baiyun Intl.), 39 mi (62.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dongguan
The city's cultural venues include Humen Naval Battle Museum and The Opium War Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Lin Zexu Memorial Hall, Humen Pearl River Bridge, and Liuhua Tower. The city's natural beauty is on display at Song Shan Lake, Qifeng Park, and Huying Country Park.
In Dongguan, you'll find 196 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hyatt Regency Dongguan - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 4 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and clean rooms.
- Pullman Dongguan Changan - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this hotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Mission Hills Resort Dongguan - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with free WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Canton Fair Complex, located 26.6 mi (42.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Chimelong Paradise, which is 28.4 mi (45.7 km) away.
Dressing for Dongguan
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 74°F and the nighttime average to be 52°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 51°F at night
- Dongguan gets about 63.35 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 53°F