Families will find kid-friendly activities in DuBois, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping and breweries. A top sight in the city is Gobbler's Knob.
- There are 53 hotels and other accommodations in DuBois
- The closest major airport is in DuBois, PA (DUJ-DuBois Regional), 8.1 mi (13 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Indiana, PA (IDI-Indiana County - Jimmy Stewart), 38 mi (61.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in DuBois
Cultural venues in the city include Punxsutawney Area Historical and Genealogical Society, Punxsutawney Weather Discovery Center, and Clearfield County Historical Society. The city is notable for landmarks like Gobbler's Knob, Clearfield County Courthouse, and Jefferson County History Center. The city's natural beauty is on display at Sandy Township Recreational Park, Memorial Park, and Bilger's Rocks.
In DuBois, you'll be able to select from 53 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearfield - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
- Cobblestone Inn & Suites – St. Mary’s - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites DuBois - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for DuBois
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 16°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 79°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 17°F at night
- About 43.19 inches of rain falls on DuBois each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 18°F