Visiting Es Castell
Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Es Castell, which is also known for its bars and seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas and monuments. Top sights around the area include Mahon Harbour and Monte Toro.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodations in Es Castell
- The closest major airport is in Mahon (MAH-Minorca), 3.4 mi (5.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Es Castell
Notable city landmarks like Fort Marlborough and Castell de Sant Felip might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Cala Pedrera, Cales Fonts, and Cala Figuera. Additionally, you might want to add Sant Carles Lighthouse to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Es Castell. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Artiem Carlos III - Adults Only - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Hotel del Almirante - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking.
- Barceló Hamilton Menorca - Adults Only - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to see around the area include Mahon Harbour, located 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the city center, and Monte Toro, which is 12.5 mi (20.1 km) away.
Dressing for Es Castell
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 44°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 46°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Es Castell is 0.75 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F