Travelers to Lancaster will find plenty to explore and enjoy. A top sight in the area is Walden Pond.
- There are 113 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Worcester, MA (ORH-Worcester Regional), 17.6 mi (28.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bedford, MA (BED-Laurence G. Hanscom Field), 19.9 mi (32.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lancaster
A favorite place to visit in the city is Johnny Appleseed Visitor Center. Additionally, you'll find Walden Pond in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Lancaster, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 16 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Best Western At Historic Concord is 14.8 mi (23.7 km) from central Lancaster. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Concord can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and quiet location.
- Radisson Hotel Nashua is 19.3 mi (31.1 km) from the center of Lancaster. This 3-star hotel in Nashua features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Bedford Plaza Hotel - Boston is located 21.2 mi (34.1 km) from the heart of Lancaster. This 2.5-star hotel in Bedford features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to public transit.
Dressing for Lancaster
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 14°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 16°F
- About 47.17 inches of rain falls on Lancaster each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 17°F