Visitors to Fontainebleau are sure to enjoy the gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés and golf courses.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodations in Fontainebleau
- The closest major airport is in Paris (ORY-Orly), 26.4 mi (42.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Fontainebleau
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Chateau de Fontainebleau. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and Forêt de Fontainebleau. Additionally, you might want to add Fontainebleau Golf Club to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Fontainebleau. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hôtel de Londres - Amenities at this hotel include free WiFi and a bar.
- La Demeure du Parc - Our customers like the dining options and quiet location at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar.
- Hôtel Aigle Noir - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Fontainebleau
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Fontainebleau Thomery Station. Fontainebleau may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Fontainebleau
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 56°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 76°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 65°F during the day and 35°F at night
- Fontainebleau gets about 1.38 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 35°F