History buffs will enjoy exploring Fredericton, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens and museums.
- There are 40 hotels and other accommodations in Fredericton
- The closest major airport is in Fredericton, NB (YFC-Greater Fredericton Intl.), 8 mi (12.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Fredericton
Cultural venues in the city include The Playhouse Fredericton, Gallery 78, and Fredericton Region Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Wilmot United Church, Christ Church Cathedral, and Mactaquac Dam. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Officers' Square, Wilmot Park, and Odell Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 40 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Fredericton. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Home Away From Home Bed & Breakfast - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Radisson Kingswood - Our customers like the convenient parking and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and proximity to shopping.
Dressing for Fredericton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 42°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 6°F
- From April to June, the average is 73°F during the day and 25°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 9°F as the nighttime average
- Fredericton gets about 1.18 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 73°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 9°F