Visitors can enjoy all that Freeport has to offer including the wineries, riverfront, and forests. This city also attracts tourists with its countryside setting.
- You'll find 55 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Rockford
- The closest major airport is in Rockford, IL (RFD-Greater Rockford), 27.6 mi (44.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Freeport
Cultural venues in the city include Winneshiek Playhouse, Stephenson County Historical Museum, and Freeport Art Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Little Cubs Field and Krape Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Freeport. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Freeport, IL - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- Hampton Inn Freeport - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool.
- Baymont by Wyndham Freeport - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and WiFi.
Dressing for Freeport
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 11°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 32°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 12°F
- About 36.10 inches of rain falls on Freeport each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 14°F