Families will find kid-friendly activities in Rockford, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, shopping, and fun sporting events. This quaint city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices. A top sight in the city is Coronado Performing Arts Center.
- There are 59 hotels and other accommodations in Rockford
- The closest major airport is in Rockford, IL (RFD-Greater Rockford), 4.9 mi (8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (DPA-Dupage), 49.9 mi (80.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rockford
Cultural venues in the city include Coronado Performing Arts Center, Rockford Art Museum, and Burpee Museum of Natural History. Families come for attractions such as Magic Waters Water Park, Richmond Hunting Club, and Little Cubs Field. The city is notable for landmarks like Midway Village & Museum Center, Jefferson Street Bridge, and Frank Lloyd Wright's Laurent House.
In Rockford, you'll find 59 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn DeKalb, IL - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Rockford - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Rockford - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Rockford
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Harvard Station or Elburn Station. Rockford might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Rockford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 54°F and the nighttime average to be 13°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 14°F at night
- About 36.24 inches of rain falls on Rockford each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 16°F