Visitors can enjoy all that Goyang has to offer including the festivals, lakeside setting, and temples. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theaters, theme park, and monuments. Top sights around the area include Gyeongbok Palace, Dongdaemun Market, and National Museum of Korea.
- You'll find 1554 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Seoul
- The closest major airport is in Seoul (GMP-Gimpo Intl.), 7.6 mi (12.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Seoul (ICN-Incheon Intl.), 26 mi (41.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Goyang
Cultural venues in the city include Baedari Liquor Museum, Goyang Eoullimnuri Arts Center, and National Women's History Exhibition Hall. Attractions like Wondang Horse Ranch, ZooZoo, and Badagol Theme Park are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Goyang Aram Nuri Arts Center, Ilsan Astro Camp, and Haengjusanseong Fortress.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Goyang. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Stay Ilsan - With a stay at this 3-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Residence-Hi (Serviced Apartment) - Our customers love the helpful staff and proximity to public transit at this apartment. With a stay at this 3-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- The MVL Goyang - This 4-star hotel in Ilsandong features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
Popular places to see outside the city include Gyeongbok Palace, located 9.6 mi (15.4 km) from the city center, and Dongdaemun Market, which is 11.5 mi/18.5 km away.
Getting Around Goyang
With so many choices for transportation, exploring all of Goyang is simple. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Wondang Station, Hwajeong Station, and Goksan Station. If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Haengsin Station.
Dressing for Goyang
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 15°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 52°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Average annual rainfall for Goyang is 49.25 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 19°F