Visiting Grand Forks
Travelers to Grand Forks give high marks for the college vibe, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its hockey games, entertainment choices, and theaters. Top sights in the city include Ralph Engelstad Arena, Alerus Center, and Columbia Mall.
- There are 32 hotels and other accommodations in Grand Forks
- The closest major airport is in Grand Forks, ND (GFK-Grand Forks Intl.), 6.9 mi (11.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Grand Forks
The city is well known for its theaters and cultural venues like Empire Arts Center and North Dakota Museum of Art. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Columbia Mall, Grand Cities Mall, and Columbia Center. Hockey fans will find lots to cheer about, while everyone can enjoy an event or game at Ralph Engelstad Arena, Alerus Center, or River Cities Speedway.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 32 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Grand Forks. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Staybridge Suites Grand Forks - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Forks, ND - Our customers like the overall value and pool at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Forks - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Getting Around Grand Forks
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Grand Forks Station. Grand Forks may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Grand Forks
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 43°F during the day and -4°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 24°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 38°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 62°F and nighttime averages of -2°F
- Average annual rainfall for Grand Forks is 20.75 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 0°F