Visitors can enjoy all that Grundy has to offer including its university setting. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Pikeville, KY (PVL-Pike County - Hatcher Field), 32.3 mi (52 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Grundy
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Appalachian School of Law is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you might want to add Buchanan County Courthouse to your agenda.
This is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Comfort Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Grundy
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 21°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 21°F
- Grundy gets about 42.87 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 23°F