Visitors can enjoy all that Haltwhistle has to offer including the riverfront and coffeehouses. This city also attracts tourists with its culturally-rich and rural setting. A top sight in the area is Housesteads Roman Fort.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in Haltwhistle
- The closest major airport is in Carlisle (CAX), 14.2 mi (22.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Newcastle (NCL-Newcastle Intl.), 29.8 mi (48 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Haltwhistle
The city's cultural venues include Mr. George's Museum of Time and Great Chesters Fort. Additionally, you'll find Housesteads Roman Fort in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Haltwhistle. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ashcroft Guest House - With a stay at this 5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and walkable location.
- Wydon Farm B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and proximity to shopping at this B&B. Amenities at this 4-star bed & breakfast include free WiFi and free parking.
- Kellah Farm B&B - This 4-star farm stay features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting Around Haltwhistle
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Haltwhistle Station. Haltwhistle might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Haltwhistle
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 46°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 32°F
- From April to June, the average is 63°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 55°F as the daytime average and 31°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Haltwhistle is 0.79 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 64°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 32°F