Find Hotels in Helwan
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Travelers to Helwan will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Top sights around the area include Great Sphinx of Giza, Pyramids at Giza, and Pyramid of Djoser.
- There are 276 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Cairo (CAI-Cairo Intl.), 20.8 mi (33.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Helwan
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Great Sphinx of Giza, Pyramids at Giza, and Pyramid of Djoser. In the area, you'll also find Dahshur Pyramids and Hanging Church.
As you start planning your visit to Helwan, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 19 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Marriott Mena House Cairo is 14.2 mi (22.9 km) from the center of Helwan. This 5-star hotel in Giza features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Novotel Cairo El Borg is located 14.7 mi (23.7 km) from the heart of Helwan. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Cairo can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino is 15.6 mi (25.1 km) from central Helwan. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Cairo can enjoy access to a casino and 14 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
Popular places to see in the area include Saladin Citadel, 13.2 mi/21.2 km from the city center, and Sultan Hussan Mosque, which is 13.4 mi (21.6 km) away.
Dressing for Helwan
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 47°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 95°F, while the average at night is 55°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 96°F with nighttime averages of 67°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 49°F
- Average annual rainfall for Helwan is 0 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 95°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 48°F