Travelers to Hongdae give high marks for the college vibe and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its cafés and bars. Top sights around the area include Seoul World Cup Stadium, Sungnyemun Gate, and Deoksugung Palace.
- There are 288 hotels and other accommodations in Hongdae
- The closest major airport is in Seoul (GMP-Gimpo Intl.), 6.6 mi (10.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Seoul (ICN-Incheon Intl.), 27 mi (43.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hongdae
Cultural venues in the city include Trickeye Museum, Hongdae Music Show Theatre, and KT&G Sangsangmadang Hongdae. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Hongik University is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Yeonnam-dong Community Service Center and War and Women's Human Rights Museum.
In Hongdae, you'll be able to select from 288 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- DAOL guest house - This 3-star guesthouse in Mapo features free WiFi, a free manager's reception, and laundry facilities. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Y's House - Hostel - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this hostel. This 2-star hostel in Mapo features free breakfast, free WiFi, and concierge services.
- Hongdae Style Guesthouse - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star guesthouse in Mapo can enjoy access to free breakfast and a terrace, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Seoul World Cup Stadium, located 1.6 mi (2.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Sungnyemun Gate, which is 2.9 mi (4.6 km) away.
Getting Around Hongdae
Walk to nearby metro stations like Hongik University Station, Mangwon Station, and Sangsu Station. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for Hongdae
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 15°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 17°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Hongdae is 49.70 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 19°F