Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Huntsville, which is also known for its university setting and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums and monuments.
- You'll find 174 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Conroe
- The closest major airport is in Houston, TX (IAH-George Bush Intercontinental), 54.2 mi (87.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Huntsville
Cultural venues in the city include Hearts Veterans Museum of Texas, Texas Prison Museum, and Sam Houston Memorial Museum. The city's natural beauty is on display at Huntsville State Park, Lake Conroe, and Sam Houston National Forest. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Sam Houston State University is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Huntsville. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Huntsville - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Huntsville
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 40°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 93°F, while the average at night is 54°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 96°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 40°F
- About 46.14 inches of rain falls on Huntsville each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 94°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 42°F