Families will find kid-friendly activities in Conroe, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting, live music scene, and popular theater scene. This city also attracts tourists with its spas, entertainment choices, and shopping. Top sights in the city include Lake Conroe, Hughes Landing, and Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion.
- There are 269 hotels and other accommodations in Conroe
- The closest major airport is in Houston, TX (IAH-George Bush Intercontinental), 23.5 mi (37.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Houston, TX (HOU-William P. Hobby), 46.7 mi (75.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Conroe
Known for its live music, theaters, and festivals, the city's cultural venues include Crighton Theatre, Owen Theatre, and Heritage Museum of Montgomery County. Families come for attractions such as Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, Hurricane Harbor Splashtown, and 7 Acre Wood. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Lake Conroe, Sam Houston National Forest, and Huntsville State Park.
In Conroe, there are 269 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Maple Creek Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Houston Springwoods Village - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Hilton Garden Inn North Houston Spring - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and quiet location.
Other top sights in Conroe include Hughes Landing. Outside the city, top places to visit include Willowbrook Mall, 25 mi/40.2 km from the heart of the city, and Greenspoint Mall, which is 25.2 mi (40.6 km) away.
Dressing for Conroe
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 76°F and the nighttime average to be 40°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 54°F at night
- July through September averages 95°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 40°F at night
- About 48.76 inches of rain falls on Conroe each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 93°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 41°F