Visiting Jackson Hole
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Jackson Hole, and visitors give high marks for the magnificent mountain views, ski areas, and lively bar scene. Scenic and quaint, this city also attracts tourists with its riverfront. Top sights in the city include Jackson Town Square, Jackson Hole Historical Society and Museum, and Snow King Resort.
- There are 709 hotels and other accommodations in Jackson Hole
- The closest major airport is in Jackson Hole, WY (JAC), 8.6 mi (13.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Jackson Hole
Cultural venues in the city include Jackson Hole Historical Society and Museum, National Museum of Wildlife Art, and Jackson Hole Playhouse. The city is notable for landmarks like Jackson Town Square, John D. Rockefeller Jr Memorial Parkway, and Chapel of the Transfiguration. The mountain views, hiking trails, and riverfront highlight the city's natural beauty, and National Elk Refuge, Grand Teton National Park, and Jenny Lake are worth a visit.
In Jackson Hole, you'll be able to select from 709 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Dreamcatcher Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Bentwood Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Jackson Hole include Snow King Resort, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, and Grand Targhee Resort.
Dressing for Jackson Hole
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 5°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 24°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 28°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 6°F
- Jackson Hole gets about 16.85 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 7°F