Visitors can enjoy all that Moose has to offer including the mountain views, lakeside setting, and ski areas. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its scenic landscape. A top sight in the area is Grand Targhee Resort.
- You'll find 695 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Jackson Hole
- The closest major airport is in Jackson Hole, WY (JAC), 20.9 mi (33.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Moose
The city's natural beauty is on display at Teton Range, Mount Moran, and Hermitage Point Trail. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Colter Bay Visitor Center and Colter Bay Marina.
This is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Jenny Lake Lodge - With a stay at this 3.5-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Grand Targhee Resort, 10.7 mi/17.2 km from the city center, and Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, which is 21.7 mi/35 km away.
Dressing for Moose
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 46°F during the day and 8°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 75°F, while the average at night is 24°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 33°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 62°F and nighttime averages of 8°F
- Average annual rainfall for Moose is 17.13 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 10°F