Travelers to Kaduwela will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 586 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 18 mi (28.9 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Kaduwela
Places to visit in the larger region include Kelaniya Raja Maha Vihara, Department of Wildlife Conservation, and Department of Immigration and Emigration. You'll also find Jana Kala Kendraya and Diyatha Uyana in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Kaduwela, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 415 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Rock Chalet is located in central Kaduwela. This 3-star hotel in Kaduwela features a poolside bar, spa services, and parking.
- Cinnamon Red Colombo is 0.4 mi (0.6 km) from central Kaduwela. This 3.5-star hotel in Colombo features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- OZO Colombo Sri Lanka is 8.2 mi (13.2 km) from the center of Kaduwela. This 4-star hotel in Colombo features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
Dressing for Kaduwela
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 76°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 76°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- Average annual rainfall for Kaduwela is 3.66 inches
- Usually April and March are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 73°F