Visitors can enjoy all that Kotikawatta has to offer including its temples. In Kotikawatta, there are 4 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 17.1 mi (27.5 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Kotikawatta
A favorite place to visit in the city is Kelaniya Raja Maha Vihara. In the area, you'll also find Water World Lanka and Department of Immigration and Emigration.
As you plan your vacation to Kotikawatta, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 431 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Colombo Riverdale Hotel is located in the heart of Kotikawatta. This 2.5-star guesthouse in Kelanimulla features free WiFi, free parking, and a fitness center.
- Heina Villa Colombo is located 1.3 mi (2.1 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star guesthouse in Kotikawatta can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Natures Treat Bungalow is 1.2 mi (2 km) from the city's heart. This 3-star villa in Kotikawatta features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
Dressing for Kotikawatta
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 73°F at night
- Kotikawatta gets about 3.66 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually March and April with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 73°F